So Erin and I are driving to this building on the base in preparation for the 5K I was going to run the next day and WHAM...this cute and fuzzy bunny comes out of nowhere and happens to run into the Pontiac (Notice that in one last attempt to reduce guilt, the bunny hit the car). At this point I feel terrible, but continue on to the building to accomplish the task at hand. On the way back, Erin and I are discussing whether or not I, in fact, killed the cute and fuzzy bunny...
Yep, sure did. Well, not right away anyway. I pull off the road and get out to inspect said bunny. Not good. His (or her) (you can never tell with bunnies) eyeball is covered (gushing) in blood (there were also several deep cuts to the face, but they were too gruesome for Josh to bring himself to mention); at first I think it's dead, but suddenly it twitches, trying to fight the good fight for life. I yell for Erin to come over (she wanted me to stay away from the cute and fuzzy bunny due to airborne diseases...very wise!) (important missing fact...Josh did not heed my warning completely...he held his coat over his face to not breath in diseased bunny...and he ((after a couple reminders)) didn't touch the bunny...but he did get very close.); as she arrived, the bunny gave several valiant efforts to get up, but I had clearly broken several of its bones...crap. So, we left the bunny, assuming the worst... (after several comments by Josh including statements such as 'he's such a little fighter', 'are you sure there isn't a vet that can help him', 'I just want to pet him and tell him it'll be ok', 'I'm so sorry bunny, I didn't see you coming, you were so fast!')
I, of course, am feeling absolutely horrible about what I've just done. So, I pray about it, asking God to forgive me for running over His cute and fuzzy bunny. He did! Woot woot!
On the way to the race the next day, we drove by where I had committed a crime (hit and run, of course)...and the bunny was gone!! What?! Erin thinks someone scraped it off the ground, but I think it pulled through and is now recovering nicely in its bunny hole. At least that is what I tell myself. On a good note, the Pontiac sustained zero body damage...if only I could say that about the cute and fuzzy bunny. =) (There is no way the bunny is recovering nicely.)
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Not fun. I hit a bunny on my ten-speed once...couldn't react fast enough. Nearly crashed. It's comforting to know there are animals in heaven. It wouldn't be "heaven" without them! Lions laying down with lambs even! :)
Post a Comment