When Dad and Beth were here, I was talking to Beth about my redecorating ideas for the house. Our decorating together genius goes back to Martha and Ryan's wedding. Where the ideas are for the most part Beth's and it's lots of fun! Well, we decided we could get a few things, paint a few things, and move things from here to there and give the house a new look. I LOVE IT! And it was very fun :) Check out the new :)
I've had this blue picture frame in the kitchen for awhile (Jack is 9 mo old in those pictures which makes Renae just over 2) Usually it looks pretty lonely except for fall and Christmas when I have seasonal decor to spice it up. So we added the greenery in a sweet looking basket and put the silver syrup pitcher that was my Grandma's up there with it. The flowers that used to be in the pitcher are now in the front entry but I forgot to take a picture of them.

This is my favorite part. This giant basket was light wicker colored and the only thing I had big enough to sit on top of our pantry 8 or 9 feet in the air (we have super high ceilings!). Beth spray painted it with a dark brown that dries to look like leather...so it lightens and darkens in areas, looks faded....it's awesome! Then she added the burlap bow, some greenery and the blue vase. The glass container with split peas in it was from another area of the house. It looks so so great!
Second favorite part. These paintings were a series of darkening colors...which you can see
HERE. I painted them when we lived by Ft. Gordon. I was so sick of them :) So Beth spray painted them a nickel color with some shimmery/glitter spray paint on top. (Yes, I did a decent job avoiding all the paint fumes). I painted some boxes dark brown (paint I had left over from another project). The teal broken glass the candles and the vases finish it off! :)
I had these three pictures on the wall in the play room but I was really sick of the giant space of emptiness in that cutout. So we did this :) Had to do some brainstorming to make the pictures work out since they are awkwardly weighted, but it looks good!
No comments:
Post a Comment