We had such a GREAT GREAT GREAT Summer! Quite possibly my favorite summer of life so far...(close 2nds are MB Summer Project 2004, and the summer we got married {2006}). It took me most of the summer to really put a finger on why I was LOVIN' this Summer so much.
*Dramatic Pause*
This is the 1st summer in 6 YEARS that I have not either been pregnant, or nursing a baby!!!!
This was a hot summer (even by Georgia standards!) but...I LOVED IT! I had the body temperature of a normal human, not growing or feeding anyone else, not the one who was 12,000 degrees sitting indoors or holding a sweaty baby 4-5 times a day. Ok, ok, you get it! But seriously, I loved the heat. We were outdoors almost every day. We went to the beach almost every weekend, and if we didn't go there, we went to the pool. We got to vacation! (Look on Facebook for pictures, there are A LOT) It was the vacation of the 'Villes. We journeyed to Clarksville, Evansville, Hudsonville, Stevensville, and Nashville! A trip filled with floating down a river (4 adults and 6 kids 7yrs old and under), friends, the zoo, parks parks and more parks, cousins, the pool, grandparents, Lake Michigan, the county fair (the rides, the animals, the food!), fire pits, hammocks, and new babies. We had such an enjoyable time :)
With the Fall comes fresh starts. A schedule begins again! And FOOTBALL. ((And maybe-I know, I know- I can find time to write more updates!))
We begin our homeschool adventure this year as Renae starts Kindergarten. So far, so fabulous! It is exciting to watch how eager she is to learn. It is definitely infectious. Jack wants to do some school everyday now, too! :) I'm definitely remembering things I had forgotten! We are doing Classical Conversations which is a wonderful homeschool program. The Community is incredible, and the academics are rigorous and challenging. If you are thinking about homeschooling and have any questions about CC ask me! I'd love to talk with you about it!

1 comment:
Glad you all had a great summer and are liking CC! It is working well for us too. I am having trouble learning the Latin, but the kids seem to be picking everything up great!
Post a Comment