Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cheese Curds

Ashley and I met Holly and Miranda in Janesville Sunday afternoon. Ashley and I said goodbye to my Wisconsin family and hopped in the Sunfire for more adventures. We started the party off with some grilling and corn on the cob. I do credit this meal for being the first of my 'getting-my-appetite-back meals. Holly also made homemade guac. dip. Oh my. Delish. Holly had LifeGroup so Mir and Ashley and I hung out while she was out. We watched That Thing You Do sometime this day and has anyone noticed that "Jimmy" from that movie is a commercial now that's on all the time during the Olympics...I forget what for....maybe shampoo?

Monday included lots of fun! We toured the state capitol and shopped on State St. We ate lunch at a place called Ians which is a pizza place that makes unique 'flavors?'/kinds of pizza. There was lasagna pizza, fettucini alfredo pizza, signature specialty mac n cheese pizza, lots of crazies. I had buffalo chicken. It was spicy and yummy. Then Monday evening we went to a place referred to by the locals as 'the Nitty'. Good stuff! Ashley and I sampled fried cheese curds there. Mmmm. The rest of the world calls them mozerella sticks (only I think they had other cheeses in the middle). Then we went to the Terrace on campus, which is a pretty awesome place on the lake. We hung out there, called Nader, and watched the sun set. Then we went to Barnes and Nobles to pick out our new books for the book club. We got some good ones! PS- if someone knows of a good book for getting cultural or historical background for New Testament times let me know....we're looking! Then we headed back to the ranch for peach smoothies and to listen to Holly's songs she's written. Good stuff!



Tuesday we relaxed in the morning, then Miranda had to leave for Milwaukee for some support raising appointments. Ashley and I went on a super long walk- great conversation- and some great outdoor time. We both want screened in porches. Then we hit up Dairy Queen. And let me just say, I wish we were back on project cause Holly would not have messed up my Sundae. Yeah, not hard to mess up I know, but they did. What kind of Dairy Queen doesn't have Hershey's syrup? Anyhoo. Then we went to Holly's Ultimate Frisbee playoff game and that was fun. She scored the last two goals...one sliding on her knees. Wow! I had never seen it played before. Turns out, I would be really bad at that game. So I'm glad all the times I was asked to play in college I was busy. :) Ashley and I played some cards when we got home and then we stayed up late chatting.


Wednesday Ashley and I went on another long walk. It was much cooler so we enjoyed it much more. (Just in case you were wondering, Holly had to work during the day :( but it worked out well). Then we got back, cleaned up a bit, walked to Casas del Sol to eat lunch (AMAZING), packed and showered, and then were off to the airport when Holly got home from work. More great time spend together!

It was such a great trip!

1 comment:

The Chisholms said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time! It was great to see all of your smiling faces in those pics! A good series that is Christian fiction is The Mark of the Lion by Francine Rivers. It has a great plot and is set in Rome/Ephesus/Germania/and other places after Paul made his missionary journeys and the apostle John is in them, as is Theopholis (the guy that Luke wrote his gospel and acts to). They are grrrrrrrrreat reads!