We had another farewell dinner for Josh's Battalion Commander. Mexican food. It was ok. We were required to bring a dessert. So we brought Josh's favorite dessert. :) Yes, that is a 13x9 pan of assorted M&M's. Peanut, Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate, and Regular. :)
We left a few minutes early to head back to Platte City, pack our bags, and jump back in the car to drive to Lee's Summit.
The both ran great! Josh finished 20th overall with a time of 20:30 and Todd finished right at 24:00 minutes. DANG! Liz and I had fun cheering. We walked down the course a big to where we would be able to see them twice. Apparently not many runner brought a fan club cause we were alone out there except for the event staff. Well, we're just hanging out waiting for the racers to get to us, and we hear the two staff people talking. "Here they come, now where's that bald guy we thought would be out in front....oh there he is"....And here comes Josh. Ha ha ha ha. So, moral of the story is, if you're going to run in your Army PT's you'd better bring your A-game. BUT, even more so if you are a bald army man. You are expected to dominate. There was a cross-country team running...a whole flock of 140 pound tall guys in itty-bitty shorts, no shirts, and then Josh. :) I think I'll try to get him talked into those shorts for his next race. ha ha ha ha.
Then we waited for the awards ceremony which took FOREVER, it didn't happen till about 2 hours after the race, and........ Josh got 2nd in his age bracket! Apparently there was one 25 year old skinny kid...didn't look 25 to me. But hey, who am I to say someone doesn't look their age.
What a fun weekend!

6 comments:
Josh could borry some of Matt's short shorts. :) Loved the dessert BTW. haha -linsey
OR...he could borrow them, but borrying could be fun...whichever works for you. haha -linsey
The dessert cracked me up. Very creative and totally Josh!
Love Mom
yo. nice post. Looks we missed a good time. Tiger Woods Golf?!?!! We want to purchase. I heard Josh's person is like EXACTLY what Josh is like in real life. Hahhaahaa.
I think its' funny that you didn't put the M's in a bowl.
Surprising that people were talkin about 'that army guy' when you were right there also wearing an army shirt. wow. That's funny though.
Good job pants and todd!
I've always loved your sense of humor. Keep blogging! Jesse & I are praying for you and your big day coming up here. We love you, Erin!
Well serve me up a heapin helping of M & M caserole. Clever!
Post a Comment