Sunday, June 29, 2008

The End of an Era

Well, I'm fast approaching my last three days of work. :) No more 4am's. I still can not even believe I woke up at that time 5 days a week for the last 15+ months. That's just sick. BUT, I'm passing on the torch and I will really miss the girls I work with and the member, too. We all went to a hole in the wall Mexican place for some food Thursday night...so yummy! They of course have 99cent margaritas and free chips and salsa. It was fun. Amy and I had to open the next morning so after staying up till 11...I was hurting. I know, I know...I am actually excited to get back into the life of being able to stay up past 8pm. It's pretty hard forcing yourself to get some sleep when there is still 90 minutes of daylight outside. Geez.

Friday was Kristina's last day. We had a fun party for everyone to come say goodbye to 'us'. Since my last day is Wednesday we combined our goodbye events. We had mini muffins, popcorn, veggies and hummus, and cherries there for our members...healthy snack fun! (we try to take every educational opportunity we can. ha ha ha). I work with a lot of gift givers, so of course I made out like a bandit! Kristina and I even got shirts from our favorite Police Officer, so now we are official. :) Ignore the 'guns'. Probably would have been more believable if we would have flexed. ha ha ha. I tell ya what, those girls are special- I'm hoping to still see them as often as possible!

So after my last day of work on Wednesday, I am coming home to pack the last of what we need for our 4 day trip to Michigan! As soon as Josh gets home from work we are taking off. We're meeting our friend Amber 3 hours into our extravaganza and hopefully getting safely into Michigan before it's insanely late. Then we will have lots and lots of fun and hold all three of our nephews....just wait for pics...I have a hard time only taking a few! Then Sunday we will drive home, Monday the 7th I go in to the hospital for all my pre-op work, then Tuesday's the big day! Please be praying for everything to go smoothly! I'm not getting nervous yet, but I am not expecting that feeling to last without God's (and your!) help! Josh shares this picture fanaticism so I'm sure you will see a bazillion hospital pics during my stay....so if you can't come visit, you can experience it with me!

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

which hospital is your surgery at? we'd like to come see you if that's okay!

Anonymous said...

bout damn time I can call you at night, otherwise I'm almost always working when you call me.. Enjoy the last few days and the dribe to Mich!

Anonymous said...

I would definitely celebrate NOT waking up at 4!!! Have a great time in Mich...I'm jealous. :D

Give everybody hugs for me. Love Mom.

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

ev said damn. haha

bout damn time he wrote on my blog comments. haha jk

Kinda sad that you're done in two days. better live it up. drink a starbucks for me while you're at it!

maybe the gun pic would have been more believable if you weren't shooting into the air?

so are you still coming wed night or is it thurs now? better write me an email tomorrow