Thursday, July 17, 2008

Me Again!

Hey everyone! It's me- finally here typing to you. Thanks for all the prayers and cards and calls and visits. I really appreciate everything!!

I had my first check up today. I got my stitches out and the go ahead to finally take a full shower. Today was a really full day. I cannot say enough about how wonderful my medical staff at Children's Mercy is. We had a bunch of tests done and then saw a nurse from the surgery team. She says things are going well, but to expect some pretty slow going from here. I can expect to stay this sore for probably a month. Also, I should regain sensation in my chest,back, shoulders, right leg, etc.... in a few more weeks. I didn't get to take my 5 hour nap today cause we were at the hospital. I've found this doesn't work out the best for me.

BUT- My wonderful husband just made me a dynamite ham-n-cheese sandwhich so I'm going to go relax with him! More to come! Love you all!

PS- some of you know this first hand, but be very happy I didn't attempt to update you all on myself while I was in the hospital. It would have looked something like this:

i sm trrsl yrtri witmsa chine tomee
can''''''''t s/e3lp.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey!
I'm so glad that your surgery went well. Your hubby is a saint. I so enjoyed reading his notes about your progress. I know you'll handle the slow recovery with patience. After all, you handled Josh's deployment with style. Wish I could be there to cook for you! Keep getting stronger. Love, Mom Eidam

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey!
Ditto the above from Mom Deb...

Glad to have you hitting the keys again--ever thought about writing a book?!? You and Josh would have an inspiring story to tell! His updates were impressive.

Love, Mom

Holly said...

Good to see you back at the keyboard!