Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Unemployed?!?

My last day of work. Seriously hasn't sunk in at all yet. But I get sad thinking about not being there everyday. I just don't get sad about waking up at that horrible hour everyday. I do want to share a couple special things that I have gotten to experience because of those "wonderful" early mornings.

1. I heard a little piece of a sermon one morning on the radio about the hope we have that Jesus will come again. It talked about in Revelations about Him coming from the East. Well, I have seen over a year of the earliest portion of the sun rise you can think of. And more often than not, I look to the east and smile thinking to myself that one day I'm going to do that and see Jesus coming! That's enough to make my day!

2. If anyone ever wants to share in my joy wake up at 5:00 and listen to KLOVE until their morning show theme song comes on. (It's usually between 5:04 and 5:07). There's a fine line between peppy and obnoxious, but for some reason I LOVE this little song. It cheers me up! :) Think 'Turkey in the Straw' and you're 1/2 way there. ha ha ha.

3. These last few months that Josh has been home I have gotten to see just how wonderful my husband is! I need soooo much more sleep than he does (hopefully this surgery will change that a lot), so when my 4 am alarm goes off, he turns it off and gets up, goes out to make my lunch for work, then he makes my cereal for me, and lays out my phone, purse, keys...etc so everything's ready for me! Then he comes to wake me up 15-20 minutes later, I get dressed, grab clothes to work out in, contacts, scarf my breakfast, and am out the door in about 15 minutes. Then Josh does dishes and makes the bed! Seriously he is awesome. What a wonderful man! :) I'm so spoiled. It is nice to get more sleep in the morning....a few extra minutes may seem pointless, it makes all the difference at 4am. :) Gosh I love him. ((NOT of course because he does all this for me, but because that is who he is! He is sooo sweet)).

So those are things that I will miss out on now that I am not waking up at the crack. I hope to hear the KLOVE morning show song at least once a week when Josh has to get up. If only I could get a recording of it. :)

You know what....I'm going to go pack for VACATION! :) More later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I'm so excited for you to get to Mich. Martha told me you have to leave early...but I guess that's your grove!

Way to go Josh!!! Keep doing such a great job of cherishing Erin. :D

Lyndsey said...

Have fun in the Mich! I expect lots of cute pics. :) And, I think Jishy should continue to help you out in the AM...that is probably one of the sweetest things ever. I'll call you next week. XOXO

Kimberly said...

Erin...thinking of you as your surgery approaches!

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

You're under the knife as we speak. This is crazy. So when you get home next week you'll have plenty of time to write on the blog right?? =)

Love you.