Friday, September 19, 2008

Love and Perseverance

2 Thessalonians 3:5
"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance."

Can you think of any two greater things for your heart to be full of? I know I'm not apt to have either left to my own abilities. I'm a hater and a quitter. At least when things get hard...or when I let myself have a very limited or selfish perspective. Or if I'm in a bad mood or someone has hurt my feelings. ((Side note: when looking back on your actions are you sometimes awed at how childish you can be? I know I am))

I think it's interesting that the two go together. It's not easy to love people deeply. It's not easy to see people as God does. To treat them with the extreme grace, mercy and the tenderness that He does, day after day after day. Yup. Awesome.

When we put a microscope to our own lives and magnify every little thing God has forgiven in our hearts and put up with in our lives....thoughts, actions, attitudes, JUST TODAY! How can we not return that same grace and love to those around us and to those who have committed offenses towards us.

This is my prayer for all of you!

2 comments:

Heather Lea said...

This is great- thanks for the challenge! It's encouraging working with someone else (a spouse) to push toward God together.... I'm loving it!

Steph said...

very well said, thanks for sharing! and btw, nice blog =)