Saturday was BUSY! Josh went for a long run with a buddy in the Army. They ran 13.6 miles. They got lost, too. But they were intending to run between 12 and 15 so they were all right. It's kind of interesting thought, the pattern of male thinking sometimes...the last time Josh and Michael went running they edited their route mid-run and ended up running on Highway 92 for a couple miles. When they got back and told me about it, I appropriately 'scolded' (what a terrible word) them for running on a highway with major traffic and NO SHOULDER! Come on guys, not safe at all. So Michael's wife agreed with me and the men said they understood. So when they got lost, they ended up finding two roads they knew would take them back home...one was a gravel road that would have been about a mile longer trip back...and the other INTERSTATE 435. What did they choose... you guess. Yeah it was illegal. Josh told me what he would have told the police officer had they seen one. Yeah traffic goes 70+ on that road. Great. I wasn't there when they finished....Michael told Josh he's better not tell me. BUT he did. And I laughed/shook my head in amazement. You'd think after safely returning from Iraq I wouldn't have to wonder about his daily safety. Maybe I should have been a little more worried while he was gone!
So after that fiasco we cleaned up and went to Minsky's to watch the Huskers Game with Liz. We had a good time, and we ran into Kirk and Sarah! We've lived in the same area for 2 years and just now we run into each other. They game was alright, at least we won! We've now officially played 3 quarters of decent football (out of 8)...lets hope some magic happens soon.
Then we hopped in the car and drove up to Maryville, MO to watch our favorite Stepper dance at the Northwest Missouri State football game. That was a bunch of fun. It rained the whole time, but the game was really fun.
Sunday included a brand new event for Josh and I. Shopping. After some relaxing, a good sermon, and some football we hit the Mall. Josh raked it in. He will be looking HOT for the wedding next weekend! So that took quite a few hours but we had never gone before. It was surprisingly fun! Both of us are moderately not good with fashion so thankfully Evan and Martha were available for answering questions like "What goes with charcoal gray"...."what kind of tie do you wear with...." and "what can you wear with Navy pants"....stuff like that. Thank you guys! Then we relaxed with more football, some 3 pepper chicken, and scrabble!
And now it's Monday. :)

1 comment:
I remember eating three pepper chicken at your mom's place years ago. It is so good! Can I get that recipe from you? I would love to make it! I forget that you guys are so close! Where are you moving to?
Post a Comment