Well, Josh and I had to get our passport pictures done a couple weeks ago. I sat down to get mine taken and the employee taking our photographs said, "Oh, no you can't smile." Very matter-of-fact like and serious. So then of course I try. "They want this to look as close to a mug shot as possible.". Oh! Well, Josh and I thought that was ridiculous. But we agreed. No smiling. Josh was particularly disappointed. According to the photographer, "No one smiles in airports anyways so you want your picture to look like you do. To make it easier for the government officials."
We decided after we looked at our pictures that we would go even one step further to help them out, should we ever need to be visualized as criminals.


We get to the Passport office and they took one look at our pictures and new exactly where we got them taken.
"They told you that you couldn't smile?" "Yes."
"They lied, you can." "Great."
"I don't know why you wouldn't, people are always smiling in airports." Sheesh.
PS- I have no idea why my picture is sideways, I didn't take it that way. And it's not that way on my computer. So, I'm confused.
2 comments:
HILARIOUS. I love that you can tell you are both on the brink of bursting out laughing. I would have figured you all would have smiled anyways, since you know, your the Cheaterlows and all!
It adds to the effect that the bars aren't straight! ha
Post a Comment