So there's this church on the way to base (well, who am I kidding, this is the South, there are 11 churches between here and base). They have one of those message boards and I'm not kidding the things they put on there are so MEAN! I can't get over it. They are barely ever positive. I've had to restrain myself quite a few times from calling them and commenting. This week's says "Without Jesus, life is as good as it gets for you"
I can see how you can interpret that in a non mean way...but who is this message meant for? Someone who's going to give you the benefit of the doubt? Probably not. AND, I'm not even sure it's truth...I mean logically it sounds like it is, I mean life without Jesus is missing the point...BUT, it should say something like THIS life is as good as it gets for you. God still works in lives of those who don't believe, the Holy Spirit still moves in their spirit to prod them towards God. Common grace still occurs from even those who's hearts are hardened. Maybe I'm missing the point.
What I'm really irked at right now, is there was a message back in June that both Josh and I noticed and the talked about nearly every time we passed it, that I can't remember now to save my life. Which I guess that's a good thing...these messages are hopefully going in one ear and out the other per the will of God.
But anyhoo. Just had to say it.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment