So last week Josh got his orders and on Thursday we hit the ground running full speed ahead. 3 weeks from yesterday we will be moving to Atlanta. In our two house hunting trips we have found the areas nearest the base to be FAR FAR FAR less than safe, even though the houses are affordable and not bad at all. So that is stinky. Which means that God really knew we would need to be close enough to make SEVERAL trips to find a house. I can't even begin to imagine how stressed I would be if we had to fly there and rent a car and find a hotel and find a house in a weekend like we have other places.
No I have not started packing.
Yes I have turned in out intent-to-vacate and found out they will start showing our house to possible renters ASAP.
Yes our house is a disaster zone.
I'm sorry to say there will be no pictures in this post because Josh is in the middle of reformatting the computer....that has been a frustrating task. But the Internet works (after A LOT of hours with numerous tech support people who couldn't help with out us paying LOTS of money which we refused to do) because one of our Army friends knows his stuff and between him and Josh and lots of phone time and crazy ideas, they fixed it. But that's the only working component for now. We should be 100% back in business in a couple days when Josh has time to finish his project!
Ok, just because I feel the need to pass on knowledge to someone who may someday think about getting a new computer, here is our experience with Dell through this. Our computer came with a reformatting- erase it all and start over- disc, which, I'm sure is common. So we use it. And then the reload the Windows drivers and utilities CD. Which turns out is for several models of Dell computers. Our model...is not listed. So we guess. We call Dell Tech Support to ask which drivers we need of the many listed for all these different types of systems we don't have. "Oh I can tell you but it will be $60." WHAT?! So we said we'd figure it out ourselves, and we did! And by we in this entire conversation I mean Josh. :)
There are more BOO on Dell Support stories but I think that one is enough. And, I'd rather leave this post on a more positive note:
Renae is super cute and getting BIG! Pictures are coming soon! And, Renae has a new cousin! Sophie Grace Barricklow was born on Thursday (the 20th). She is 5 lb 10 oz and 17.5 inches long! We are sooo excited to see pictures and to meet her---soooo sweet!
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
dang.. Good luck finding a place in Atlanta. You should look near their mass transit! And lesson learned, I will not buy a dell.
Post a Comment