Monday, July 20, 2009

That Boy Loves Sweets Part 2.

When I Was Little and The College Years!

I know it's been awhile since the first installment, forgive me, I think I will dive right in.

When Josh was little, he was VERY sugar driven. Here are a few examples:
-When eating Starbursts, the 'double wrapped' candy became a problem...solution? Remove outer wrapper, eat individually wrapped candy, waxy paper and all.

-When his parents were out, Josh would make No-Bake Cheesecake and demolish all evidence that such a dessert was present in the house before they returned.

-The same could be said about brownie or cake batter. Everyone loves licking the spatula or mixers. Josh made just the batter, and finished as much as possible before caught, or forced to bake the remainder. If parents weren't present, it was hardly unreasonable to eat it all.

COLLEGE:
After Josh finished his college football career, he decided to take up a more cardiovascular oriented work out to change his figure from strong and intimidating to strong and lean machine. He did a pretty good job of making good sugar decisions, but on occasion, his monumental love of sweets would surface in full effect.

One day after a work out, Josh was really hungry for desert. He went to a gas station, bought a pack of Oreo's, then headed to Dairy Queen and ordered a large Oreo Blizzard and a large Shake. He added the Oreo's to the Blizzard and proceeded to sit in the parking lot and finish both off.

One night his roommates (one being Mr. Ryan Thomas) returned to the apartment to find Josh sitting in the dark, alone, watching Schindler's List with a pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade and an economy sized bag of Skittles (sorted on the coffee table by color). If Mike's wasn't sweet enough already, he would put Skittles in the drink to add flavor. :)

It's well known that one of Josh's favorite restaurants is P.F. Chang's. I like to think that it's because you can actually get a lot of veggies in the food there (and I know that this is in part, one of the reasons he does like it). But, the prevailing reason is the Great Wall of Chocolate: six layers of rich chocolate cake frosted with semi-sweet chocolate chips served with raspberry sauce. When ordering this desert he is also known to ask the waiter for a large glass of milk. Side note: What makes this story so great, is he's never shared this dessert with anyone until he took me there on a date. :) Either he really likes me, or I can be fairly intimidating to people withholding chocolate...you can pick! :)

When Josh came back from Basic Training, my sister made him a 'Better Than Anything' cake to celebrate. I think it was gone in less than 12 hours. Speaking of Martha- every time we go visit, she makes cookies. Not just once. We were there for a few days one time and Josh would ask her to make more whenever they ran out. She made cookies 4 times. And I'm failing to remember any time we've left Michigan without a Ziploc FULL of cookies. Josh talks about them all the time. Whenever there is a chance that Marth and Ryan need our help with something, Josh bargains for DOZENS of cookies. "We'll be happy to...but it'll cost you 'x' number of cookies."

:) Seriously. He makes me laugh. I'm learning though, the last time I made jello cake, I purposefully bought a large Cool Whip container knowing I wouldn't use it all. I just put the left overs in the freezer. We'll see if there there next week. :)

4 comments:

Mark & Katie said...

LOVE these stories.....WISH I could eat that much sweets too....I would just weigh 500+ pounds!! I LOVE sweets....I'm with you, Josh!

felderfam said...

haha. the best is the movie night w/ the sorted out skittles. ocd and a sweetaholic. ha. how many cavities does this kid have?

Evan said...

Yeah really. Good thing he's related to a great dentist! But I think the cake batter one is by far the worst. sick.

momma E said...

Momma knows more of what Josh did, ate, and hid in his younger years then he'll ever know!!! :) His older years - a whole other story. (We won't even go there.)