Monday, July 27, 2009

Week 17

The baby is the size of a turnip this week. Wow! These emails I get weekly are helpful because they compare the baby's size to food...however, I have no idea what a 5 oz. 5 in. turnip looks like. So no help. Then there was the jumbo shrimp week, the cumquat week, medium lemon....Totally not helpful. Yet still funny.

This weekend the turnip and I ate some great food, and some not so great as well. Josh and I decided to try out a local pizza place Saturday night called the Mellow Mushroom. It was pretty good. It's no Minsky's that's for sure, but it was still delicious. Then Sunday after church we got invited to Applebees by a friend and I can't even tell you how bad their water tasted. It was like they had taken a glass that had been used to scoop up dirt in a garden, and then put it in storage right side up for about 10 years and then filled it with water. There could have been enough dirt in there to plant a turnip! Well, so it tasted. Sick. So, needless to say, I was forced to get raspberry lemonade. :)

Today is a boiler outside and it's not even 11am. Josh's office doesn't have AC so he's not going to be a happy camper. He's been trying to get it fixed for the last 3 weeks. Apparently it hasn't worked in 3 years. BUT, he's not giving up- he's been on their case to get something done everyday to get it closer to working. Hopefully he doesn't have a bad reputation with the maintenance dept. when this is all said and done! :)

I'm getting ready for a super fun trip starting on Thursday full of Kansas City and project friends and Michigan and family time! Whoo hoo!!

1 comment:

Brie said...

So when I was pregnant, Josh's brother Matt kept calling our baby a little cumquat, and we had no idea what it was, either. Babycenter has pictures of each of the fruits, which was helpful, although in reality, it's just nice to know the little one is growing. So excited for you!