Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Man's 'Best' Friend

It's no secret that Josh loves dogs. He loves to wrestle, play, and rough house with a dog any time he gets the chance. The Military Working Dogs (MWD) on base come under Josh's company since they are the 'base police' so he goes to watch their training sometimes. They are super cool. But you can't really be friends with these dogs. They are only allowed one friend, their handler. But they can do awesome stuff, case in point:



Josh got to help with their training one day. Apparently you just trust that they only bite the blue coat. I would pee my pants. But of course, this was the highlight of Josh's day/week/month/career. :)




And even though a picture speaks a 1,000 words, a video might do even more. These dogs get MOVIN' after their target.


How it's done:



When they don't tell you when the dog is coming:






Only one downside to the day....Josh accidentally stepped on one of the dog's paws and broke its little toe. :( He didn't find out until a few days later, he felt bad, but I guess it's happened before.

4 comments:

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

so stinkin funny. can't wait to see the other ones after you fix em. why is he not fully padded?

remind's me of mike (mik?)'s dog. yikes

Kristy said...

WHAT?????? Was he crazy? Oh my goodness that looked terrifying. However, what a flattering look for Josh. That blue coat really helped his figure.

Anonymous said...

Okay I cracked up laughing. Josh can you get us a German Sherpard when they retire one? I see that as a good way to keep the boys away when little girl gets older ;)

felderfam said...

I'm glad the dogs were only attracted to the blue coat...