Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2009

Well, I'm sure you've heard way too much of this topic in the last two weeks, and I wasn't going to talk about it, but curiousity got the best of me.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

Josh and I have been discussing this for a few days now. Where do we want to see ourselves at the end of this year...spiritually, physically, financially, etc. We've come up with some good ones! I've gotten to put my degree to some use (finally) and showed Josh how goals have to be S.M.A.R.T.

Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Realistic
Timed

for example: "Lose weight" is not a goal. That's the outcome or byproduct. "Be able to run 3 miles at the end of 12 weeks" is a goal. "Eat better", not a goal. "Eat a serving of vegetables in place of an unhealthy alternative at least 5 days a week by March" is a goal!

What are your New Years resolutions??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine is to lower my age according to my trainer's evaluation by the end of March. As of today, I've lowered by body age by 3 years. 9 more to go.
Mom Eidam

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

dang I can't top that. I already get carded too much.

Amber said...

I believe I took that class on goal setting with you. Well, maybe it was actually another class b/c all I seem to remember from our class to together is walking in late (if I decided to go), talking to you and our wrestling friends, and having sudoku races, ha, those were the days! :) Love you, call me sometime so we can catch up!

Amber said...

P.S. My goal is to pass my N-CLEX RN test on the first try and be approved for NY state nursing licensure before March 1st. Move to NYC by March 1st while having an actual apartment to live inside. And, to make it to work on time (8:30am) on March 16th. I haven't thought much about the year past that point, other than not killing anyone in the ICU, ever!