Monday, January 26, 2009

Catch up

I actually have quite a few topics to catch up on! I guess Army-life experiences happen more often than I can post about them!

But first...Josh and I are so excited about Germany! We still don't know anything yet. Hopefully within the next two weeks we'll know where and when...and much more. I'm working on Passports this week. I was looking at my picture from high school- WOW. I was surprised I do actually look a little older! Thank the Lord. 16 going on 28 is getting a little tiresome. ha!

A few weeks ago, I attended an event with a friend that was for kids participating in a certain Army program (I forget which one), where some of the Army Band preformed! :) It was really cool. Johanna and I had a fun time. Her daughter Gabriella had a hard time figuring out what to think of it. Here's some pics!






I will say that Johanna was teasing me because I knew almost every song. Isn't that pathetic! (I will admit, I enjoy knowing the wide variety of music that I know).
Some of the songs they played were:

Summertime (from Porgy and Bess)
When I'm 64
The Army Song (of course!)
The Pink Panther
Lassus Trombone
Happy Birthday (who doesn't know that one)
And another one....shoot, I knew 7...and now I can't remember the last one...that's what I get for waiting 2 weeks to post this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Live band music sounds fun! It reminded me of the concerts we took you guys to when you were little. No wonder you knew all the songs. LOL