Living out of the Midwest makes it hard for us to maintain our goal of attending a Nebraska football game every year, but we have been able to watch all but one so far this season so we are thankful!
My wonderful husband surprised me with tickets to a great SEC battle:
South Carolina vs. Florida
I am a Tim Tebow fan (I will not say I'm a Florida fan) because very few people in the spotlight can maintain their integrity and back up their faith week after week in high emotion situations. You know what I'm talking about. If I had a camera on me those moments when I'm extremely frustrated, angry, under pressure...etc. I would probably have MUCH apologizing to do. I am amazed at his ability to SHOW his faith. In the way he plays with intensity, yet with control to those ugly emotions that can come out in the blink of an eye. And, he's a great athlete. He's using the gifts and talents God has given him to be glorifying for God! I am a Tebow fan.
So Josh, knowing this, hooked us up with GREAT SEATS on Saturday. He's such a considerate man. He got Row 1 in the upper deck. Knowing, that if I had to stand the whole game my back would die. So, we were up high enough I could see the whole field, and I had no one in front of me. OH it was great.
However, one fly in the ointment. South Carolina ran a Wounded Warrior campaign leading up to and during the game. Fort Jackson is in Columbia, so for Veteran's day they did some really cool stuff for pre game and halftime. Now patriotic stuff, and soldier stuff gets me anyways...but add being pregnant...yeah I CRIED most of pregame, and nearly all of halftime. Oh my. Poor teenage boy sitting on my left.
Before the game they honored 3 Wounded Warrior soldiers (those wounded and in rehab), two that had amputated legs, one with no arm and brain damage. They made them honorary captains for the game and they represented SC for the coin toss and such. Of course when introduced to a standing ovation and an entire stadium full of grateful Americans it was pretty moving. The SC football team wore special jerseys with camo on the sleeves and camo shoes. They removed their last names from the back of the jerseys and instead put either INTEGRITY, HONOR, DUTY, SERVICE.
Then at half time, they played all the Armed Forces songs and asked those who had served or who are serving to stand up. They introduced 5 men from different wars who found themselves in incredibly difficult situations and survived. The man from WW2 was a Medal of Honor recipient. So all Armed Forces members in the stadium were at attention when he was on camera (that's a rule in the presence of the Medal of Honor). His story was outstanding. Here are pictures from all that:
Seriously though, the game was really fun, the atmosphere was great- the stadium was loud and the game was fairly close! We had a great time. :) SO MUCH FUN!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment